PLEASE NOTE: If you are a LeadingAge Virginia member, you MUST log-in before registering in order to receive the discounted member rate. Please be sure to use
your existing log-in information. If you're unsure of what that is, click the Forgot My password link to reset it. Please do NOT create a duplicate member record when registering. If you don't log-in first and/or create an additional record for yourself, it won't be linked to your membership account and you will be charged the nonmember rate and the difference will not be refunded.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received in writing by seven days before the start of the event will receive a credit, less a $75 administrative fee, toward
a future LeadingAge Virginia event, excluding the Annual Conferences or Leadership Retreats. Cancellations received after seven days before the event
will be considered a no-show and no credit will be issued. Substitutions are encouraged. Any credits will expire one year after the date of the event.
Trauma Informed Long Term Care is a transformative approach designed to promote a cultural change in an organization using the principles of trauma informed care to advance patient centered care and enhance quality assurance and performance improvement goals. (Davis, 2019).
Goal: Introduce the core elements of trauma informed long-term care and the transformative processes to change the organizational culture for implementation of Phase 3.
1. Identify the key elements of the transformative approach to changing the organizational culture
2. Developing shared understanding of trauma and concepts that support trauma informed long term care
3. Assessing readiness for organizational culture change
4. Learn the transformative processes used to change the organizational culture to trauma informed care
5. Develop organizational strategies to incorporate the core principles of trauma informed care as identified by SAMHSA in the long-term care setting.
6. Explore next steps for implementation of Phase 3