We are pleased to share LeadingAge Virginia's new Guiding Legislative Principles Mission Vision Values. The LeadingAge Virginia Public Policy Committee developed the principles and the Board approved them to assist the Association with the legislative and regulatory work we do on behalf of our members throughout the year.
The not-for-profit difference is based upon setting the standard, accountability, mission-driven values, quality, and stability. The objective is to provide the highest quality and most compassionate care to aging consumers.
The not-for-profit difference involves creating lasting relationships, which establishes stability. Advocacy is a primary way that we ensure our not-for-profit difference is heard and realized. Our advocacy priorities are guided by the principles listed below.
- Promote high-quality housing, care, and services across the continuum regardless of consumers' ability to pay. Advocate for sufficient financial resources to provide accessible and affordable high-quality housing, care, and services for aging consumers.
- Promote social accountability as a measure of our aging services members' commitment to its mission, its stakeholders and society.
- Promote the reduction of tax burdens and excessive fees.
- Preserve not-for-profit tax exemptions.
- Promote staffing level flexibility to meet the unique needs of the continuum of aging services.
- Ensure meaningful choices for aging services consumers.
- Enhance the dignity, autonomy, and engagement of aging services consumers.
- Promote the highest quality and the most compassionate care for aging services consumers.
- Encourage and reward innovation, best practices, and excellence.